27 May 2019
Scott Redding narrowly claimed a second Bennetts British Superbike Championship victory in the second race at Donington Park as the Be Wiser Ducati rider made a decisive move on Xavi Forés at Roberts to take the lead before the race was red flagged for rain.
At the start of the race Forés led Christian Iddon and Tommy Bridewell, but again an aggressive Bridewell dived into second before moving into the lead with a pass into Redgate on the second lap. Forés had taken it back though by the end of the lap and Iddon had moved back into second for Tyco BMW.
Bridewell had been pushing for the lead again and on lap eight he forged ahead of the Honda until the sixteenth lap when Forés made a move on the brakes into Roberts to regain the position. As the pair diced at the front Redding had again had a slow launch off the line and he was having to carve his way through the order from tenth place on the opening laps.
Redding wasn’t inside the top five until lap 11 when he had Josh Brookes and Tarran Mackenzie ahead of him and the three scrapped it out before the race one winner made a move on the McAMS Yamaha rider and his own team-mate before pushing to bridge the gap to the leading pair.
Redding had closed in on the pair and on lap 17 he was able to move ahead of Bridewell and then Forés a lap later before the red flag to claim his second race win of the weekend for the Be Wiser Ducati team.
Brookes was able to hold off Mackenzie for fourth place ahead of Iddon and Jason O'Halloran who was embroiled in an intense battle with Hector Barbera on the leading Quattro Plant JG Speedfit Kawasaki in the closing stages. Peter Hickman and Keith Farmer completed the top ten.
Bennetts British Superbike Championship, Donington Park, Race 2 result:
- Scott Redding (Be Wiser Ducati)
- Xavi Forés (Honda Racing) +0.275s
- Tommy Bridewell (Oxford Racing Ducati) +1.523s
- Josh Brookes (Be Wiser Ducati) +1.740s
- Tarran Mackenzie (McAMS Yamaha) +1.791s
- Christian Iddon (Tyco BMW) +2.845s
- Jason O'Halloran (McAMS Yamaha) +5.399s
- Hector Barbera (Quattro Plant JG Speedfit Kawasaki) +5.583s
- Peter Hickman (Smiths Racing BMW) +6.515s
- Keith Farmer (Tyco BMW) +8.054s
Bennetts British Superbike Championship standings after Donington Park Race 2:
- Tarran Mackenzie (McAMS Yamaha) 95
- Tommy Bridewell (Oxford Racing Ducati) 93
- Scott Redding (Be Wiser Ducati) 90
- Josh Brookes (Be Wiser Ducati) 63
- Danny Buchan (FS-3 Racing Kawasaki) 63
- Josh Elliott (OMG Racing Suzuki) 52